A gorgeous and light Summer Salad; Sweet Corn in Cucumber Baskets is just perfect for summer lunch. A tasty, crispy cucumber is a cool addition to most salads. It keeps your body hydrated and supple in and summer happy.
The high water content makes it perfect as a detox vegetable, flushing out the toxins from the body. The inside of a cucumber is said to be 20 degrees cooler than the air outside.
In summer when the mercury is soaring, no one wants to spend hours in the kitchen getting steamed themselves and that’s where easy salads are a quick answer. Most people love corn whether roasted or boiled and as corn is easy on the tummy it is good to have it boiled in summer. Sweet corn is the main ingredient in this salad and the cucumber balances it well.
Toss in a few colorful peppers with a light dressing and you have a vibrant, appetizing salad with the slightly sweet corn tangy lime and crunchy cucumber.
Recipe For Corn Salad In Cucumber Baskets
- 2 Cups Boiled Sweetcorn
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 Tomato chopped fine
- 1/2 Red bell pepper chopped fine
- 1/2 Cucumber chopped fine
- 1/2 Green capsicum chopped fine
- Chopped fresh cilantro or coriander
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chopped green chilli (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Fresh and firm cucumbers
- Cut and chop all the vegetables. Keep aside
- Boil the frozen sweet corn kernels for few minutes and strain.
- To a pan add the olive oil and sauté the peppers till slightly soft.
- In a bowl add the steamed corn kernels, onion, tomato, salt, coriander, green chilli, and oregano. Add the dressing of lime juice and toss all the ingredients well.
- You’re Summer Salad; Sweet Corn in Cucumber Baskets is ready.
- If easy foods are presented well they look exotic and plates are wiped clean.
- Make a little effort to present this simple corn salad into a gourmet meal.
- It is quite easy; take the fresh Cucumbers, wash and peel in zebra lines vertically. With your peeler scrape the peeled area of the cucumber to get a ridged pattern.
- Cut the cucumber into roundels around two inches size and scoop out the inside to form a well. Fill these cucumber baskets with the prepared corn salad.
- You can make basket handles with strips of the peel. Summer here is scorching so I did not want limp handles on my baskets.
- Make a pitcher of lemon iced tea and enjoy this glamorous looking dish and lunch in style. You can refill your cucumber baskets with the corn and eat the baskets when you are done.
Tip: Do not discard the scooped out cucumber balls. Add it to the corn salad or juice it to use as a refreshing face pack with Fuller’s earth or Multani Mitti.
Looking for a food blogger to collaborate your projects? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org