Jaipur – The Pink City, Jaipur is known for its city planning which was a huge success in the 18th century. Jaipur is known for well laid out gardens, broad avenues, and specifically designed areas for markets. There are a large number of places to visit in Jaipur. It can take more than one day to take a tour of an entire city. Visit the city of palaces and don’t miss the opportunity of shopping. So here are some things to know about tourism in Jaipur.
Tourism In Jaipur
HOW TO REACH JAIPUR?
- By Air: Sanganer airport in Jaipur is well connected to domestic and international cities. It’s the busy airport as it’s the only international airport in Rajasthan and receives flights on daily basis from the major Indian and International cities. The main city is just 13 km away from the airport.
- By Rail: Jaipur is well connected by railway networks to many cities including Jodhpur, Bikaner, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Agra, Udaipur, Secunderabad, and Lucknow. A number of fast and superfast trains daily reach the city.
- By Bus: The highways of Jaipur are well maintained and are a convenient way to travel to Jaipur. A number of private and state-owned buses operated every day.
BEST TIME TO VISIT JAIPUR
Between October and March is considered as the best time to visit Jaipur as the heat is less intense during this time.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: It’s not a big deal to search a hotel to stay. There is a huge list of accommodation from which you can select according to your budget. The hotels are available near the railway station as well as near the airport.
- FOOD: There are plenty of options available. The deluxe hotels have their own bars, cafes and quality restaurants. You can try the local food which is a good idea and it’s not so expensive.
- ACTIVITIES: Being the city of forts and palaces, the outdoor activities in Jaipur is all about camel riding, boating and playing polo. You can try hot air ballooning, skydiving, and elephant safaris.
PLACES TO VISIT IN JAIPUR
- Jantar Mantar
- City Palace
- Jaigarh Fort
- Amer Fort
- Jal Mahal
- Sariska Tiger Reserve
- Birla Temple
- Albert Hall Museum
- Hawa Mahal
- Nahargarh Fort
EXCURSIONS NEAR JAIPUR
- Sanganer – 16 km’s
- Samode Palace – 40 km’s
- Ranthambhore National Park – 145 km’s
- Sariska Tiger Reserve – 100 km’s
Images: Google Images