ALIBAUG – Where Sand Castles of Memories Are Build, Those who are looking forward to taking a break from their tired city life, they can travel Alibaug due to its lush tropical beauty which makes it very attractive and beautiful. It is very near to Mumbai so it is easy for the people to travel Alibaug and spend some time in palm fringed beaches and build their sand castles of memories. The area becomes beautiful particularly in monsoon and is the ultimate destination for sun and sea freaks. So here is a full-fledged guide on Alibaug tourism.
About Alibaug Tourism
HOW TO REACH ALIBAUG?
- By Air: There is no airport in Alibaug. The closest one is the Mumbai airport which receives flight from various national and international cities. It is 108 km away from Mumbai. You can reach there by hiring taxi or travel by bus.
- By Rail: Konkan railway trains stops at Pen which is 28 km away from the city. Hire taxi or auto-rickshaw or take a bus to Alibaug.
- By Bus: It is connected to Mumbai by road which is 108 km’s away. It will take nearly three hours to reach Alibaug.
BEST TIME TO VISIT ALIBAUG
From November to July is the best time to visit Alibaug as the temperature reaches 14°C and weather is conductive enough to relax on beaches. You will monsoon season also.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: Alibaug has a variety of places to stay which ranges from a budget and mid-range hotels to luxury resorts. There are plenty of options available in each category.
- FOOD: It is a delightful experience to eat out in Alibaug, it includes restaurants available that serves a large variety of cuisines.
- ACTIVITIES: There is not much to do in Alibaug in terms of outdoor activities. Just relax on the beach side and take sunbathe. You can build sandcastles if you wish to create one. You can go for paddling in the waters.
PLACES TO VISIT IN ALIBAUG
- Alibaug Magnetic Observatory
- Kolaba Fort
- Nagaon Beach
- Alibaug Beach
- Kashid Beach
EXCURSIONS NEAR ALIBAUG
- Kihim – 12 km’s
- Varsoli Beach- 4 km’s
Images: Google Images