Ooty – “The Queen of Hills Stations” is situated in the Indian state of Karnataka, and is famous for its hills and greenery. Ooty is located in the western Ghats zone at an altitude of 2240 meters. Ootacamund is the famous hill station in Ooty. This hill station was earlier occupied by the Todas and later on by East India company.so here I mention Best Time To Visit Ooty.
How To Reach Ooty ?
Ooty does not have the airport but all those who are heading to Ooty through plane will have to take a flight to Coimbatore and from there, taxis and public transports are easily available.
New Delhi to Ooty
By Air: There is no direct flight connection between Ooty and New Delhi. First, you have to take a flight from New Delhi to Coimbatore. From here you can hire a taxi direct to Ooty or you can simply take the public transport.
By Train: New Delhi is not connected directly to Ooty by train. To reach by train you have to take the train from New Delhi to Coimbatore and from there you can hire a taxi or you can choose public transport. This is the cheapest route to travel Ooty from New Delhi and it may cost you up to 2000 Rs.
By Bus: There is no direct bus service between New Delhi and Ooty. If you want to travel by road then, take a bus from New Delhi to Bangalore. From there you will get a direct bus to Ooty.
Best Time To Visit Ooty
The best time to visit Ooty is during the summer in the month of May, June and July when the plain areas get too hot. You can enjoy the summer festivals which includes the boat races and flower shows.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: There are many luxurious hotels and resorts to book in Ooty. Most of the hotels and resorts are situated in the lush greenery but they are expensive. However, rooms are available here starting from Rs 500.
- FOOD: Ooty comes up with the wide variety of bakery products which include breads, pastries and cakes. There are many hotels offering North-Indian and South-Indian foods and thalis. Some large hotels are present offering multi cuisine restaurant.
- ACTIVITIES: There are various activities in which you can indulge yourself which includes paddle boating in the Ooty lake while watching stunning views of the hill station. You can walk around the town through the woods and can enjoy watching the variety of birds visiting the hill. You can spend some time while playing golf here in the Gymkhana club. You can explore the place by trekking and hiking.
Places To Visit In Ooty
- Botanical garden
- Ooty lake
- Doddabetta peak
- Wenlock downs
- Gymkhana club
Excursions Near Ooty
- Coonoor – 17 km
- Pykara – 21 km
- Kotagiri – 31 km
- Mukurthi peak and sanctuary – 40 km
- Mudumalai National park – 67 km
Images: Google Images