PAVAGADH – World Heritage Site, Pavagadh is a religious and historical destination in Champaner. It is 46 km away from the Vadodara. The place is famous for the Mahakali Temple and thousands of pilgrims visits here every day. Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, a place in Pavagadh was listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2004. So here is something about Pavagadh tourism.
About Pavagadh Tourism
HOW TO REACH PAVAGADH?
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Vadodara Airport which is connected to major Indian cities like Mumbai, Goa, Chennai and Bangalore.
- By Rail: There is no direct train to Pavagadh. The nearest railway station is the Vadodara railway station which receives trains from various cities and other states too.
- By Bus: Vadodara is closest to the Pavagadh so the bus services are available from various cities of Gujarat. From Vadodara, you can opt for buses and even A.C coaches for Pavagadh.
BEST TIME TO VISIT PAVAGADH
Though the Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park is accessible throughout the year from sunrise to sunset but the best months to visit Pavagadh is from October to February as the summers are very hot here. Monsoon is very pleasant here.
- ACCOMMODATIONS: There are various options of accommodations in Pavagadh. From budget hotels to luxury resorts, there is a wide range of options according to the person.
- FOOD: There are various options for eating out in Pavagadh. The quality of food available is hygienic and is made under special cleanliness. As Pavagadh is in Gujarat, so you can try Gujarati thali full of various items.
- ACTIVITIES: Pavagadh is a historical and renowned pilgrim centre so the tourists can explore the historical buildings and can visit various temples including the famous Mahakali Temple.
- Pavagadh Hills
- Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park
- Navlakha Kothar
- Mahakali temple
- Jama Masjid
- Machi Haveli
EXCURSIONS NEAR PAVAGADH
- Champaner – 4 km
- Anand – 86 km
- Sardar Sarovar Dam – 103 km
- Kheda – 109 km
- Ahmedabad – 156 km
Images: Google Images